*** You are reviewing an evergreen job posting. We use evergreen postings to create a pipeline of talented professionals who are interested in career opportunities with Interra. By applying to an evergreen posting, you express interest in a particular role at Interra. Our recruiting team carefully reviews all applications and will contact you for more information if you may be a good fit for our talent pipeline. Thank you for your interest in Interra International. ***
The Associate Sales Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining excellent customer service to internal and external customers to support the trade of Interra’s products. Associate Sales Managers provide support to the sales teams in all aspects of sales and assist on special projects. Associate Sales Managers help facilitate customer relationships while also aiding traders in identifying and applying relevant market, customer and product information to advance sales and purchases. The Associate Sales Manager helps to build relationships with customers and suppliers in order to sell Interra’s products and services and obtain relevant products. Associate Sales Managers keep track of the customers, countries and local customs of the regions they serve.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists sales managers in maintaining a pipeline of potential customers or suppliers.
- Assists sales managers in mapping potential customers and channels of business
- Participate in discussions with sales managers to develop and maintain plans for region and/or customer penetration and expansion.
- Assists in maintaining of database customers, suppliers and products.
- Provide data to the sales teams to inform the development and maintenance of plans for region and/or customer penetration and expansion.
- Assist in reviewing accounts to identify future opportunities.
- Assist in supplier selection and qualification activities
- Researches new products and sources of supply
Sales or Supply Forecasting
- Analyze historical data by customer and product and identify trends and establish seasonality to sales.
- Updates forecasts as directed by sales managers
- Assist in generating account metrics
- Develops and maintains active knowledge of Interra’s product offerings and suggests opportunities to place additional products.
- Maintains competitive information on market conditions, product innovations and competitors’ products, prices and sales and seeks opportunities to leverage the information.
Develop Marketing Strategies
- Develops extensive knowledge of customers and their requirements
- Assists in developing packages to best market Interra's offerings to customers - Pricing, Product, Promotion, Placement
- Assists in creating demand for the organization's products and services by raising their profile with customers
- Participates in customer and supplier meetings and asks directive questions to help the customer/supplier visualize their need for Interra products/partnership.
- Develops expertise on market trends to serve as subject matter experts to customers
- Coordinates purchasing and sales opportunities within the department.
- Communicates with customers/suppliers as directed by Sales Managers
- Assist in verifying accuracy of delivered product (docs correct, weight correct, spec correct, time correct)
- Assist in updating trade information in the order system.
- Review orders in the system to ensure accuracy and completion
- Creates product availability and need reports.
- Maintains active, current knowledge of where products for transactions and communicates status to Department.
- Conducts analyses of inventory levels and aligns with requirements. Communicates discrepancies or opportunities to sales managers.
Control Service & Quality:
- Assists in resolving or remedying quality issues, claims or other trade issues
- Assists in investigating claims from customers or on items purchased
Reporting & Analysis
- Reviews and analyzes data and day-to-day processes for opportunities to improve quality and service.
- Run ad hoc reports to assist the sales team in promoting company business.
- Produce reports and statistics using relevant technology systems
- Assists in tracking the team’s performance against objectives and regularly shares results with the team and management.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Gains and Uses Insight – Seeks to understand customers, suppliers or service providers and the market and applies insights to achieve business results
- Drives Innovation – Formulates innovative ideas and approaches to processes, systems or services; seeks and implements opportunities to improve, streamline or re-invent work processes; tries different and creative ways to deal with issues and opportunities.
- Delivers Flawless Execution – Actively manages work to ensure the right time and right price for all operations services; demonstrates passion for delivering superior results; strives to continuously improve processes, systems or services.
- Builds Value-Based Relationships – Identifies and cultivates internal and external alliances that lead to successful outcomes for the organization and its customers and suppliers; positions the organization for future success by identifying new opportunities through relationships.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to use information tools to obtain the needed information to evaluate performance and access relevant data.
- Demonstrates keen attention to detail; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues.
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Document Processing - Ability to complete and process necessary forms and documents (i.e., expense reports, invoices) within appropriate time frames.
- Has general awareness of business, financials, products/services and the market
- Rapport Building – Ability to build rapport with existing and potential customers over the phone without meeting a prospective customer face-to-face.
- Cross-functional Collaboration – Ability to build rapport with co-workers in order to achieve common goals.
- Active Listening – listening with a strict focus and asking intelligent follow-up questions to help empathize with prospects to learn more about their business in order to sell more effectively and offer a better solution.
- Over the Phone Communication – Effective communication over the phone by adapting tone of voice, volume and speech pace to subtly mirror the tone and style of the customer (i.e. formal vs informal).
- Understands the financial consequences of decisions; understands economic value for the system; acts as an owner of the business and makes decisions that ensure long-term value for the organization.
- Computer Capability - Ability to use information tools (i.e., sales ERP) to obtain the needed information to evaluate performance and access relevant data.
- Customer Knowledge - Knowledge of the customer's personal and business priorities, values and preferences (i.e., business culture, business and personal background, key business objectives and priorities, key business challenges and strengths, communication preferences, hobbies and interests).
- Qualification Questioning – Identifying prospective customer needs by asking qualifying questions regarding purchasing strategies, authority, need, competition and buying process in order to discover business needs and issues to help them solve them.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- No experience required
- Must pass reference and background check
- Must hold a valid passport, or ability to obtain one
- 1 year of experience in international trade or logistics or related field List years of experience
- Language Fluency: Spanish, Vietnamese, Korean, Mandarin, Arabic, or Portuguese