Join Interra, a diverse community of values-driven professionals who source, sell and transport food products worldwide. Be a part of a highly effective team striving to achieve its greatest potential…Apply today!
Interra is presently seeking a motivated Accounts Payable Specialist to join the ranks of its Accounting & Finance Team.
The Accounts Payable Specialist oversees accounts payable functions such as verification of invoices, expense coding, voucher preparation, and various reports for management.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- High volume full cycle accounts payable
- AP account reconciliations
- Process vendor invoices and other financial obligations
- Ensure the established financial controls are adhered to in the performance of specific procedures
- Code and enter invoices for payment in accordance with negotiated terms
- Research billing discrepancies and initiate refund payments
- Review and process financial documents such as receipts, vouchers and reports
- Vendor support and management
- Assist with month end close process
- Audit expense reports for accuracy and compliance with company policies
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in an Accounting-related field
- 1-2 years of experience in Accounts Payable
- Language Abilities: Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish preferred
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Understanding of and ability to apply accounting procedures
- Ability to analyze and ask questions
- Ability to detect and correct errors
- Ability to follow, apply, interpret and explain instructions
- Ability to determine work priorities
- Keen attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to handle critical deadline demands in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Must have excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
- Embodies Interra’s Core Competencies. Gains & Uses Insight, Drives Innovation, Delivers Flawless Execution, Builds Values-Based Relationships. Demonstrates commitment to Interra’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Must pass reference, background and drug checks.
Interra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace. For more information, please view our website.