Join Interra, a diverse community of values-driven professionals who source, sell and transport food products worldwide. Be a part of a highly effective team striving to achieve it's greatest potential...Apply today!
Interra is presently seeking a motivated entry to mid-level professional, to join the ranks of its Team as a Commercial Trainee.
This role is part of a 12-18 month training program called the Interra Commercial Trainee Program (ICTP). The ICTP provides participants with an immersive experience within Interra's Operations Department, where they learn essential functions of areas such as of Global Trade Compliance and Documentation, Global Logistics, and Risk Management. Progression through the program is dependent upon the participant's successful completion of established learning and development milestones and performance measures. After 12-18 months of employment, and successful completion of the program, participants are eligible for placement in an Associate Sales Manager position based on business need.
As part of this program participants will:
- Develop and hone understanding of international shipping and transportation terminology, as well as international trade compliance regulations
- Learn about and understand the Interra System of Business
- Build proficiency in tasks related to successful operations management
- Develop and hone negotiation and problem solving skills
- Master understanding of the logistics process
- Understand Interra's Risk Management policies and procedures
- Understand the movement and trade of food products around the globe
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for logistics in area of geographic responsibility, providing leadership for all daily logistics related issues to manage expectations inherent in moving freight domestically and overseas.
- Tracks and manages delivery of goods through order systems and logistics process.
- Ensures efficient and timely delivery of products.
- Cultivates and manages relationships with logistics providers to enable greater efficiencies and cost savings. Conducts spot negotiations when appropriate.
- Partners with suppliers and service providers while holding them accountable to provide timely and accurate service.
- Continuously reviews and analyzes data and day-to-day processes for opportunities to improve quality and service. Proposes improvement projects
- Captures all costs associated with a shipment including freight cost, detention charges, storage charges, surcharges and demurrage.
- Manages tactical logistics issues, recommends solutions and communicates follow-up.
- Provides information to Sales and Compliance teams for shipping updates for customers as requested.
- Partners with Sales and Purchasing teams to further understand vendors, products, and customers to aid in relationship development and customer service.
- Provides consistent and timely communication to all customers pertaining to all aspects of container movement.
- Maintains daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related work experience
- 1-2 years of experience in customer service, sales, international logistics or related field
- Language Skill Required: Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Must have excellent business acumen, communication and customer service skills
- Has general awareness of business, financials, products/services and the market
- Ability to build solutions to create long-lasting results, positive outcomes and value.
- Ability to handle critical deadline demands in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to use information tools to obtain the needed information to evaluate performance and access relevant data
- Keen attention to detail and organization.
- Embodies Interra's Core Competencies: Gains & Uses Insight, Drives Innovation, Delivers Flawless Execution and Builds Value-Based Relationships
- Demonstrates commitment to the organization's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Must pass reference, background and drug checks