Join Interra, a diverse community of values-driven professionals who source, sell and transport food products worldwide. Be a part of a highly effective team striving to achieve it's greatest potential...Apply today!
Interra is presently seeking a motivated Operations Manager to join the ranks of its Global Operations Team.
The Manager, Operations is responsible for organizing and managing the daily functions of the operations department. This role is an expert in international logistics and shipping, supporting global logistics operations and ensuring seamless, on-time delivery of outbound and inbound product shipments. Additionally, this role ensures trades are processed as requested per internal procedures, with a strong emphasis on maintaining the contract and staying within budget. The Manager, Operations is responsible for collaborating with other departments and outside vendors to ensure proper execution of trade.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in transportation, international business, supply chain or related field
- 3+ years of people management experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience in international multi-modal transportation, contract management, or international supply chain.
- Required Language Abilities: Bilingual fluency in Spanish and English, or trilingual fluency in Spanish, Portuguese and English.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Forms, Teams).
- Knowledge of U.S. import and export regulations, foreign customs requirements, letters of credit, free trade agreements, and international shipping requirements.
- Knowledge of the Global Transportation and Distribution Industry.
- Knowledge and strong experience managing global carriers for temperature sensitive products.
- Knowledge and expertise in contract management in support of global transportation agreements.
- Strong negotiation skills to assist in optimizing transportation networks and negotiating optimum service and price agreements for Interra.
- Strong planning/program management skills with forecasting capabilities.
- Ability to lead and direct multi-functional teams.
- Ability to work in high stress situations.
- Must have excellent business acumen, communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
- Keen attention to detail and organization, accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Ability to build solutions to create long-lasting results, positive outcomes and value.
- Ability to handle critical deadline demands in a fast-paced work environment.
Interra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace. For more information, please view our website.