The Accounting Assistant supports the accounting team in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department. Performs daily and monthly accounting transactions and activities to control the organization’s financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process customer sales credit memos and sales re-invoices
- Processes Inventory Adjustments
- Process Item Reclass Journals
- Assist and/or execute Wire related activities in the banking system
- New vendor Compliance reviews, OFAC
- Deletion of Purchase Orders with appropriate supervision and approval
- Support company compliance with internal control processes and documentation requirements
- Assist Accounting management as needed along with assigned projects
- Generate reports for BBC reporting
- External/Internal audit support
- Assist accounting Team with Journal Entry posting
- Assist AP team with document and email management
- Assist Accounting team with bank reconciliations
- Assist with research, analysis, and review of monthly financial information
- Support General office administration
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Gains and Uses Insight – Seeks to understand customers, suppliers or service providers and the market and applies insights to achieve business results.
- Drives Innovation – Formulates innovative ideas and approaches to processes, systems or services; seeks and implements opportunities to improve, streamline or re-invent work processes; tries different and creative ways to deal with issues and opportunities.
- Delivers Flawless Execution – Actively manages work to ensure the right time and right price for all operations services; demonstrates passion for delivering superior results; strives to continuously improve processes, systems or services. Demonstrates keen attention to detail; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks.
- Builds Value-Based Relationships – Identifies and cultivates internal and external alliances that lead to successful outcomes for the organization and its customers and suppliers; positions the organization for future success by identifying new opportunities through relationships.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Detail-oriented, organized
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and handle critical deadline demands
- High School Degree
- 1-2 years of General Office or book-keeping experience
- Strong communication skills
- Accuracy, organization and interpersonal skills
- Must pass reference and background check