The Global Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible for coordinating and resolving all export cargo documentation issues related to the prompt and accurate release of cargo, working with suppliers and customers, government agencies, foreign locations, and global ocean freight providers. This job ensures that all cargo is manifested properly to U.S. Customs utilizing AES (Automated Export System). He/She submits and reviews accuracy of negotiable bills of lading, associated health and other certifications, and creates commercial documents to ensure proper release at shipment destination.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Prepare Items for Shipping Documentation
Receive Customer Invoice
• Monitors ordering system for new orders
• Proactively contacts Logistics and Sales teams in order to effectively prioritize and schedule work.
• Reviews all received customer invoices for accuracy and completeness before initiating documents
• Clarifies information on invoice and requests Logistics or Sales to update information in the system as needed.
Secure Information to Create Documents for Export Bookings
• Determines documents required for each transaction and takes action to complete them.
• Aligns personal work plan to transit times in order to ensure timely delivery of documents to customer.
• Seeks assistance from internal teams and/or more senior compliance team members to expedite receipt of information for documents if needed.
• Maintains accurate list of documents required by country, trade lane and/or customer to ensure most efficient process.
• Communicates with service providers to obtain necessary documents
• Creates and submits commercial documents for timely and accurate clearance at origin and destination by trade authorities
Adhere to Trade Terms
• Reviews payment terms and considerations prior to release of original documents, consulting with Credit department as needed to ensure adherence
• Determines most appropriate method for delivering documents to customer based on transportation method and transit times in order to align with trade terms
Monitor Delivery of Shipments
• Maintains active knowledge of where all products for transactions are at all times
• Proactively communicates with customers regarding required documents for delivery of goods.
• Identifies changes or issues in service or delivery and alerts customer, Logistics and/or Sales team and communicates accordingly to develop resolution plan
• Manages transactions within Interra order system
• Partners internally to ensure seamless customer experience
Optimize Trade Compliance
• Aligns personal work process to new regulations and procedures impacting area of responsibility
• Cultivates and manages relationships with service and government agencies providers to enable greater efficiencies and cost savings.
• Partners with suppliers and service providers while holding them accountable to provide timely and accurate service
• Maintains daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports
Provide Customer Service
• Manages compliance and documentation issues and escalates issues to Logistics, Sales or more senior members or the Global Trade Compliance team as needed.
• Collaborates with Logistics and Sales on service or delivery issues and proactively recommends solutions.
• Communicates any issues to all relevant internal parties and ensures their participation in resolution of issues if needed.
• Provides consistent and timely communication to all customers pertaining to all aspects of container movement.
• Provides information to Sales and Compliance teams for shipping updates for customers as requested.
• Partners with Sales and Purchasing teams to further understand vendors, products, and customers to aid in relationship development and customer service
Required Skills and Abilities
• Gains and Uses Insight – Seeks to understand customers, suppliers or service providers and the market and applies insights to achieve business results
• Drives Innovation – Formulates innovative ideas and approaches to processes, systems or services; seeks and implements opportunities to improve, streamline or re-invent work processes; tries different and creative ways to deal with issues and opportunities.
• Delivers Flawless Execution – Actively manages work to ensure the right time and right price for all operations services; demonstrates passion for delivering superior results; strives to continuously improve processes, systems or services.
• Builds Value-Based Relationships – Identifies and cultivates internal and external alliances that lead to successful outcomes for the organization and its customers and suppliers; positions the organization for future success by identifying new opportunities through relationships.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues.
• Demonstrates keen attention to detail; shows concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks
• Ability to use information tools to obtain the needed information to evaluate performance and access relevant data.
• Knowledge of MS Office, especially Word and Excel
• Ability to complete and process necessary forms and documents (i.e. expense reports, invoices) within appropriate time frames.
• Rapport Building – Ability to build rapport with customers and suppliers over the phone without meeting face-to-face.
• Compliance Knowledge - Knowledge of applicable governmental regulations to the trade lane.
• Knowledge of Automated Export System (AES) processing
• Knowledge of and ability to properly use Incoterms
• Active Listening – listening with a strict focus and asking intelligent follow-up questions to help empathize with prospects to offer the best solution for the customer.
• Influencing – Ability to persuade or motivate others to solve problems, build solutions that create results and create positive outcomes and value.
• Ability to communicate effectively in order to impress a sense of urgency and/or obtain needed information in a timely manner
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• No experience required
• Must pass reference and background check
• Preferred language abilities: Spanish
Your application was submitted successfully.